Highfield e-learning’s course for the Care Certificate has received official endorsement from Skills for Care. But what does that mean?
We’ve answered all your questions below.
What is Skills for Care?
Skills for Care is the strategic body for workforce development in adult social care in England and the home of the National Skills Academy for Social Care. It is an independent charity working with 35,000 adult social care employers to set the standards and qualifications to equip 1.5 million social care workers with the skills and knowledge to deliver high-quality care to people who use care services.
What Is Skills for Care’s ‘endorsement framework’?
Skills for Care’s endorsement framework is a mark of quality that is given to the best learning and development in the adult social care sector. The framework was developed to help employers buy better training for their staff. Employers can be confident that endorsements are based on the highest quality assurance processes.
Each provider that is endorsed:
- supports excellence
- has good processes in place
- delivers courses that are relevant and fit for purpose
- can prove that the people who’ve attended their courses are now delivering better care
Skills for Care recently extended its endorsement framework to endorse online learning such as Highfield elearning’s Care Certificate course.
There are two levels of endorsement for e-learning: ‘recognised e-provider’ and ‘approved e-programme’.
What is a ‘recognised e-provider’?
Recognised e-providers are those who can demonstrate that their business and its programmes are effectively managed. Criteria include:
- effective systems to monitor standards and allow for continuous improvement
- programmes respond to individual learner’s needs
- the enrolment process is comprehensive, transparent and supportive
- the services provided meet the reasonable needs of learners with good, secure assessments in place
- programme designers make effective use of appropriate teaching aids and learning resources
What does ‘approved e-programme’ mean?
Approved e-programmes are those that meet the requirements of the endorsement framework. They are endorsed by Skills for Care as being current and meeting the needs of providers and their staff.
The process for having a programme endorsed includes a thorough self-evaluation process overseen by Skills for Care followed by a site visit and interviews with relevant personnel.
What is Highfield elearning?
Highfield elearning is part of the Highfield Group, a global leader in regulated, international, endorsed and work-based learning qualifications, end-point assessment, training materials and e-learning, and the winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise. Highfield is actively involved in the development of the UK’s workforce and productivity, as well as contributing to government plans for three million apprenticeships by 2020 and the switchover to apprenticeship trailblazers.
The Highfield Group is made up of:
- Highfield Qualifications – awarding organisation (AO)
- Highfield International – learning resources publisher
- Highfield elearning – developer of e-learning, e-assessment and learner management systems
- Highfield Assessment – apprentice assessment organisation (AAO)
- Highfield Middle East Asia – international operations, based in Dubai
What does Highfield’s Care Certificate e-learning course cover?
We believe that our e-learning course is the most comprehensive available for workers taking the Care Certificate.
It has been designed to support the delivery of the knowledge elements of the Care Certificate, and can be fitted into existing workplace induction programmes.
It covers all 15 standards included in the Care Certificate, with a 30-minute course for each of the standards to test learners’ knowledge and understanding.
The e-learning is also flexible so that each learner can complete the standards specific to their role, and is mapped to official health and social care qualifications so that prior learning can be recognised.
What are the features and benefits of Highfield’s Care Certificate e-learning?
Key features and benefits include:
- the underpinning knowledge needed to achieve each standard
- multiple-choice assessment at the end of each course
- learning record, with printable proof of completion certificates for employers to sign
- PDF documentation to help learners and assessors evidence the demonstration of the competencies in practice
- endorsed certificate on completion to evidence the knowledge gained
- a customisation package to brand to your organisation and reference your own policies.
How long does this endorsement last?
For one year, starting from 13 January 2017. Endorsements must be renewed annually to ensure high standards are maintained.
Highfield fully intends to have its Care Certificate e-learning endorsement renewed every year.
What is Highfield’s experience of the Care Certificate and the wider health and social care sector?
Highfield is one of the UK’s largest educational bodies and first developed the official Care Certificate Workbook in 2015 on behalf of the Partnership, made up of Health Education England, Skills for Care and Skills for Health.
Highfield elearning developed the resource independently of the Partnership, but it mirrors the content of the workbook and was created by the same team of health and social care sector experts.
Can I see a free demo?
We’re happy to let our course speak for itself by giving you access to a free interactive demonstration through our Learning Management System.
- Go to lms.highfieldelearning.com
- Select ‘Learner’
- Type ‘demo’ in each box
- Select ‘Demo Courses’
- Find the ‘Care Certificate Demo’ course under the ‘Health and Social Care’ heading
Now begin your demo.
How much does it cost?
Prices are based on the total number of licences purchased.
|1 to 4||£35 each|
|10 to 19||£30 each|
You can order by calling us on 01302 363 277, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or going to https://www.highfieldelearning.com/products/care-certificate and following the instructions.